Here is given the ‘to do’ list for third and final trimester:
- As you are approaching to the last phase of your pregnancy, you will start feeling pressure on your pelvic floor. In late pregnancy period, having a sturdy pelvic floor is extremely important. To achieve this, you need to turn to the kegel exercises. These exercises help you strengthen your pelvic floor, eventually relieving the incontinence problems. The kegel exercises also assist in preparing the baby for birth.
- We have already mentioned this in the ‘to do’ list of second trimester. Here again we emphasize the importance childbirth education classes. These classes are really handy in getting some useful information regarding pregnancy, risks involved in pregnancy, side affects etc. These classes will help you deal with different problems you may come across during and after child birth.
- It is now time to shop around for some nursing clothing. You have a large list of options and styles to choose from. Take your time and buy the best nursing clothing depending on your ease and comfort. Normally, nursing clothing is not a necessity for breastfeeding, but it usually very useful when you need to feed your baby in public.
- The next decision you need to take is to decide where you want to give birth to your baby. You will find several hospitals and birth centers in your area providing these services. Visit them and see what services they offer and if they fulfill your demands. You may at this stage looking for center that provides homebirth services as well. This decision should be taken well before you want to conceive, however if you find that the current services are not enough, you can still opt for a switch.
- It is the time to take some important decisions such as where the baby will sleep, where you will feed her during day or night time, where to change her diapers, where to store dirty diapers, where baby play and so on. There are many such small things that you need to decide at this particular time. Arranging a baby shower is another important task. If you are unable to shop for your baby, make your friends or family clear what you actually want for your baby.
- Selecting a baby name is another important task and perhaps it is the best time to choose one for your imminent baby. There are different approaches for choosing baby’ name among different families. For instance, some families prefer the names that sound good, while some families prefer the names with some special and good meanings. Most of the time both father and mother choose the name and keep it secret until the baby is born.
- If you haven’t thought yet, it is the right time to think of hiring a doula for you. It is said that if you have a doula at labor time, it will considerably reduce requests for pain medication and also reduce the need for cesarean and forceps deliveries. You have to interview different candidates before choosing one for you because each and every doula has own personality and style. Also, choose the one with whom you feel comfortable with.
- The next thing you need to think of how to perform the daily house chores after the baby is born. Here you may have so many choices. Some intelligent mothers cook extra food and stored them in freezer so that cover up a week or two after the baby is born. Some women prefer hiring postpartum doula to perform daily tasks for them. There is another option as well to ask your friend or family member to take care of your house chores after the baby is born.
- Some women find breastfeeding an extremely difficult task. Most of the time, the childbirth centers offers instructions regarding breastfeeding. If you didn’t get many details on breastfeeding, you may opt for a separate breastfeeding class or you may even attend a La Leche League meeting for additional information.
- Certainly, labor is a very painful period. You have to prepare your body to face that painful labor time. The best way to prepare your body for the labor time is to practice some natural comfort measures like breathing exercises etc. However, there are also several medication plans that help relieve the labor pain.